Your Tax-Deductible Donation Through PayPal Will Help Us Save More Rabbits!
The House Rabbit Connection, Inc. is an all-volunteer non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with over 225 members. Each year we rescued, provided veterinary and foster care for, and re-homed over 100 rabbits into permanent, loving adoptive homes in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
The financial donations of our supporters allow us to:
- Provide foster care and veterinary services to abandoned rabbits, and to seek permanent, quality indoor homes for them;
- Educate the public and assist humane societies in teaching proper rabbit care;
- Reduce, primarily through education, the number of rabbits discarded at shelters or turned loose when no longer wanted.
Your tax-deductible donation will help us to maximize the impact of our goals!
The ongoing expenses of our organization include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The HopLine (413/525-9222), a phone service staffed by trained, rabbit-savvy volunteers of the House Rabbit Connection, who educate, problem-solve, and conduct intake interviews with callers wishing to adopt a rabbit;
- Veterinary fees for the spay/neuter of all rabbits brought into HRC foster care, as well as for foster rabbits needing veterinary treatment for physical disorders (dental disorders, infections, abcesses, mite infestations, etc.);
- The costs of educating the public through newspaper ads, phone book entries, and billboards on mass transit buses;
- Providing necessary supplies and equipment for rabbits in our foster homes, such as hay, pellets, exercise pens, dog crates and litter boxes;
- Providing ongoing and lifelong care for our “sanctuaried” rabbits;
- Office supplies, postage, and printing costs.
Won’t you consider making a tax-deductible donation to the House Rabbit Connection today?
Check us out on Facebook. We have a Group and a Cause page. The group lets you talk and share information about your house rabbits. It also lets HRC tell group members about things that are happening within the organization. The cause lets you donate money to HRC and spread the word to your Facebook friends that you believe in our mission.
Checks may be made payable to House Rabbit Connection, Inc. and mailed to:
The House Rabbit Connection
P.O. Box 83
Springfield, MA 01101-0083
Please include your return address so we can mail a receipt for your tax records.
Donations of goods
Our foster “parents” take care of our bunnies out of the goodness of their hearts and, often, their wallets. If you’re planning to attend any of our events, please consider bringing along one (or more!) of the following items that we need:
- Stop & Shop and Big Y supermarket gift cards
- Litter boxes
- Ceramic crocks
- Towels and paper towels (no holes or tears in the towels, please)
- White vinegar (for cleaning)
- Simethicone (infant gas drops)
- Little Tykes forts, playhouses, etc. for bunnies to play in while in HRC’s foster care system
- Large(ish) vinyl flooring remnants for a sanctuary rabbit with incontinence
- Photo printing paper for photos of rabbits, for use on posters at educational events
We are very grateful for your support!